Horticultural, Landscape (or closely related) Study Grant
Each year the Society invites students from the Southern Highlands to apply for a study grant for horticultural related studies.
The study grant is $2,000 per year. Students must have completed the first year of a recognised horticultural or related (eg landscape) course.
Applications can be made at any time but close each year on 30 November.
Luke McKinnon was officially awarded our Horticultural Study Grant for 2013 at High Tea in the Garden on Saturday 16 February.
Applications need to be made to:
Study Grant Coordinator
Highlands Garden Society Bowral Inc.
PO Box 665
and should address the following criteria:
- Residence in the Southern Highlands of N.S.W is essential but temporary residence outside the area for study purposes will be accepted
- Academic record. Students are expected to have completed Year 1 Studies in one of the target courses at Yallah, Ryde, Padstow, Goulburn or Moss Vale. Study at another institution which gains them entry at Year 2 level at these Campuses will be accepted. HSC results will be considered
- Level of interest in and or commitment to gardening. Work experience (full or part time), membership of Garden Clubs, attendance at seminars and the like will be relevant
- Attitude to work; both study and paid
- Involvement in Community activities
- Reference from employer (if relevant) and Academic Institution.